Re: argv

On 04/16/2016 07:59 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:
Don't forget that GTK is already running on top of the Windows command line
and therefore I have no direct access to it. Everything is processed by GTK
before I can ever get to it for myself.

I do suspect that Windows may be the cause of this issue, but I have no proof
of it. One way to narrow down this issue was to see if anybody could reproduce
this issue, but that isn't going to happen.

Don't worry about it though, I am abandoning this project as of today.

I'm not sure if you are still on the list, so I'm cc'ing you.

I hope you reconsider what you think about our community. We are trying
to help.

While GTK+ could alter your command-line when the GTK+ DLL loads (like
this for example [1]) if it wanted to, it does not do so. That neither
Windows nor GoLink place argc and argv on the stack as you expect is a
far more likely explanation than an error in GTK+. Also, [2] makes it
sound likely. The workaround they describe is calling the Windows API
function GetCommandLine() to retrieve argc and argv. Doing so would
probably solve your problem and save your project.

By the way, you can bundle GTK+ programs like the Windows version of
gedit does [3]. It is plug and play and the bundle isn't that large.
However, it is not easy to create such a bundle.

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/tree/glib/gconstructor.h
[2]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21946783/accessing-command-line-arguments-in-asm-win-7
[3] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit