Re: argv

On 04/16/2016 06:50 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:
Assembly language has no calling convention whatsoever until you hand code it
to have whatever calling convention you want it to have, preferably matching
the calling convention of whatever you are interfacing to.

This is not a matter of calling convention.

If I understand you correctly, your problem is that argc and argv are
not stored where you expect them to be. My (and your?) theory is that
argc and argv are not being set up the way you expect them to be.

However, it is *not* GTK+ that sets up argc and argv before your entry
point gets called. It is either the operating system or some
linker-generated machine code you don't normally get to see. That is,
not everything in your .exe file is part of your assembly code. This is
why I suggested you check GoLink documentation, GoDev forums and the
answers on Stack Overflow about GoLink instead of GTK+.

Have you actually ever programmed in assembly?

Yes.