Re: Installation of pygobject with gtk on windows.

Le 27 novembre 2015, Nicolas Brack a écrit :

I'm writing a small application for name generation, that I want to share with various people. Unfortunately, a lot of said people are not passionate GNU/Linux user as I am, and so porting the application for windows is important. I am not a main windows developer. I didn't use C to write the app and I already have a small prototype in python3 that works under Gnu/Linux using PyGObject for Gtk3. I now want to, firstly, have a decent installation of PyGObject and Gtk on windows so the program run and, secondly, be able to build an installer bundling the python and gnome dependencies to run standalone on windows.

For my C/C++ app, to avoid these nightmares (compiling on Windows, bundling libs and/or create an installer), I cross-compile statically using MXE (http://mxe.cc): work on Linux, distribute a single .exe .

It looks like the PyGObject package is not available out-of-the-box, but it may be easy to add.

--
Lucas Levrel