GTK signals question.

Okay, I'm out of ideas...

I'm writing an app, that among a lot of other stuff, has three mutually interacting spinbuttuns, i.e., if I increment spinbutton A, its callback then updates values in B and C. B and then would try to update A, and C, etc., resulting in a bottomless recursion. So, what I need to do is, while I'm in A's callback, block the B and C callbacks; while in in B, block A and C and so on.

Every combination of g_signal_handler_block(), g_signal_handlers_block_matched(), etc, I've tried just results in seg faults--all that stuff works fine outside the callbacks, but the moment I stick them in a callback, death happens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.