Re: final gtk+maverick battles

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 4:52 AM, Bric <bric flight us> wrote:
GTK on MacOSX requires a few dependencies to build and those script
download them all and build them with clang default compiler without too
many issues.

https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show//Projects/GTK+/OSX/Building

Sorry, you lost me... I am on Ubuntu, not OSX.   An _old_ ubuntu, at that,
with lots of old packages.

Just to explain where the confusion came from: Ubuntu 10.10 (released
back in 2010 and supported until 2012) is called Maverick Meerkat or
just "Maverick". (Incidentally, I still have one computer running
Ubuntu Maverick... and one running Karmic. Neither of them even
reboots more than about once a year, tops, and that because of UPS
failure; so I have no particular desire to do a full OS upgrade with
consequent downtime. Even though these are only used internally, I
still hate the idea of downtime.) Mac OS X 10.9 (released late 2013,
and currently supported) is called "Mavericks". Compilation issues on
the latest OSX are not an unusual thing (Python had a few issues with
GUI handling, needed a bugfix release before 10.9 could officially be
called "supported"), so it's going to be what most people think of
when you talk about "GTK+Maverick" issues.

ChrisA