Re: final gtk+maverick battles

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014, Bric wrote:

On 02/14/2014 10:38 AM, Gabriele Greco wrote:

    "barely" compiled gcc 4.8.2 ("make install" first failed, then,
    after ldconfig, it succeeded)

    The upgraded gcc doesn't seem to have an effect on my gtk+ woes.
    (!)   :-((   (unless "make" is still using the old gcc, but I
    don't see an indication of that)

    Same "/bin/sh: --: invalid option" error with the git source, but
    with a cleanly unpacked tarball I get a different error :

    http://www.flight.us//misc/gtk_compile_error2.txt

Have you tried with the John Rails scripts?

GTK on MacOSX requires a few dependencies to build and those script download them all and build them with clang default compiler without too many issues.

https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show//Projects/GTK+/OSX/Building

Sorry, you lost me... I am on Ubuntu, not OSX. An _old_ ubuntu, at that, with lots of old packages.

Not wanting to be snotty, but I get the impression you're out of your depth here. Why not just install a Linux distro (Ubuntu or otherwise) that has an up-to-date GTK stack?

I'm afraid you're going to wear out your welcome here with "How can I unbreak my system that has a horrid mess-up of old and new GLib/GTK?" This is not really a gtk-app-devel question.

Allin Cottrell