Re: Gdk 3.4.1

 On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Chris Sparks <mr_ada cox net> wrote:

>  Hello,
> > I have been search and search for an answer to my dilemma so I > thought I'd post a question here. If this isn't the right list, > please advise. > > I have been using Gdk 2.x for some time and decide to upgrade to Gdk > 3.x. > > Let me tell you that it has been and continues to be a nightmare.

Le 23 juillet 2013, Chris Sparks a écrit :
Thank you Simon. I have already seen this and since all of my coding was with Gdk only using a Gtk method means I have to redesign my software.

I am not sure if I want to take that on.

If I were you, I'd ask myself: do I need Gtk 3? Some people word this as: if it works, don't fix it!

Gtk 1 is still distributed. So you can bet Gtk 2 will continue to be distributed for years. Unless Gtk 3 has new capabilities useful to your software, don't migrate!

--
Lucas Levrel