Re: regarding IconView use

Hi,

Le 23/04/2013 15:01, Tristan Van Berkom a écrit :
It's not the expected behaviour.

GtkIconView lays out it's icons based on the available/allocated width,
unless the "columns" property is explicitly set, it always has.

It's possible that there was a bug earlier on in 3.x (3.2 ? 3.4 ?), but
if you see ./tests/testiconview you will find icons that layout properly
(and I'm sure GtkIconView was working properly in 3.0.0, since I made
sure of that).

There is indeed an issue on (Debian's) 3.4.2.  gtk2-demo (2.24.10)
reflows just fine, but gtk3-demo don't.

Though on a somewhat unrelated topic, while trying (in gtk-demo, GTK
2.24) to resize the icon demo toplevel back and forth to see it
reflowing properly, I made if freeze.  Apparently it's quite easy to
make it enter some kind of infinite loop by just resizing the toplevel
quite rapidly, and that's a bug I guess :)  No idea where it comes from
though, the backtrace shows some signal emission, some icon view layout
and alike.  It looks something like if the layout code went into a state
where it can't succeed or something, and always tries to recompute
something.  Not quite sure though.

Cheers,
Colomban