Re: gtk+ 2.24 installation problems

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012, jcupitt gmail com wrote:

Oh dear, I think you may have broken your system. You've overwritten files
which were being run by your package manager with your own copies. This will
break updates and may well cause other programs you haveinstalled to start
crashing mysteriously. I think you probably need to wipe your computer and
reinstall.

Hi John,

Nothing odd has happened yet, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! If anything does I'll probably just restore the original CentOS glib/gdk-pixbuf packages before doing anything more drastic. It's only a VM on my laptop so at least no one else will suffer from my stupidity (except the readers of this list, of course ;-> ).

Thanks for the warning,

Roger