Re: no "File", "Edit, "Help" strings in upper left

On 01/29/2012 01:41 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
Nada. but it compiles with my gcc string and works as it  is coded on
debian linux; on my sub-laptop.  but ubuntu: nope.   i added gtk-demo
and rebuilt.  typing

$ gtk-demo

pops up a rectangle with a bunch of items, but the GTK+ Code Demos lacks
the menubar ...

I think in Ubuntu's Unity desktop the menubar is grabbed out of the
window and placed at the top of the screen.  I could be wrong, though.