Re: discoveries! gtk DOES dim... how can i infinite-loop?

On 01/21/2012 09:49 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
      this sound very much worth looking into and i will ... just
      as soon as i figure out what is causing my gtk app to dim.

I did give you the key to keeping GTK from dimming in my other post.
It's pretty easy to iterate the main loop while you are looping in your
own while loop.

Anyway my code is complete and, except for saving the text and
abbreviations to disk, it does everything you want with no need to try
to drive gvim or anything.  You could add the save to disk stuff quite
quickly (even having to learn python!)  And of course my secret wish is
for you to learn python as you really will be able to code up these
sorts of things 2-3 times faster than C.  It's really quite something.
My error rate per lines of code drops by a factor of 2 more compared to C.

I would like some feedback on its operation.  I want to know if the
mechanism for doing abbreviations is as usable as your gvim method.  The
tarball I posted is already out of date.  use the git repository url I
posted instead.  (git clone
http://www.torriefamily.org/~torriem/tts_assist.git).

cheers,
Michael