Re: Runtime environment for GTK+ application

Manuel Ferrero wrote:
First: I can't find a precoocked package or at least a best practice
document on which files are needed to distribute with my application,
can someone point me on the right direction, please?

You can either take Dov's approach and package the GTK DLLs in your installer, or you can use a pre-packaged installer:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gtk-win/gtk2-runtime-2.24.8-2011-12-03-ash.exe?download

I am assuming you are using GTK 2.24.8 (as you should on Windows).

Second ancd very similar to the first: I know my hello world is working
because I copied the exe file in the bin directory of my GTK
installation. I was expecting I can run it from any folder in my
computer because I put the GTK installation base folder in my path
though, but I get some dll error. Do I forgot something during the GTK
installation?

The bin folder of your GTK DLLs needs to be in the %PATH% of your Windows environment. The pre-packaged installer I linked to above will set that up for you, or you can do it manually.