Re: looking for a program....

2012/2/15 Gary Kline <kline thought org>

i'm looking for a gui program that spoke text and that had options
for speed, pitch, spacing-between-words and more [[espeak?] right
on the front panel.

I'm wondering, if you're looking for some screen reader & speech synthesis,
solution, isn

i'm looking for something like this panel to let the user select
wshat options he wants his computer voiced to follow.  this "Option"
string on my menubar is one of the things i knew i had to offer--to
build into my VBC progrram.  i've been hunting all over for about an
hour.  can't find it.

if any of you know what program this is, please clue me in.

I'm quite sure that what you're looking for is for some screen reader &
speech synthesis solution, like Orca [1], isn't it?
If not, or Orca doesn't fit your needs, you can deal with speech-dispatcher
in a easy way from your application. Controlling what to say, pitch, rate,
language, etc.

Regards!

[1]: http://live.gnome.org/Orca

--