Re: Why doesn't my label show up in the window

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 22:17:59 +0200
Olivier Sessink wrote:

1) show the dialog (like you do now

2) at the end of that function, register a idle callback with
g_idle_add_full() with a low priority

3) in the callback, send the email, and show the second dialog, return
FALSE (otherwise glib will keep calling the idle function

this is how you work with an event loop. you basically you ask glib:
once you are ready with everything that is slightly higher priority
(like drawing the dialog), run my function.

Thanks!  I'm going to play with this concept and see where I get to from here.

I was pretty much stuck on that point and I think this is just the steer that I
need to get a bit further along.