Re: Why doesn't my label show up in the window

On 08/26/2012 07:13 PM, Frank Cox wrote:

I have posted a complete copy of the program as it exists right now here so
you can see what I'm trying to do:

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/listwrangler.c.bz2

your function test_email_button() shows a message 'sending', then starts
the sending, and then you want to show a message that the email is sent,
right?

the simple solution:

1) show the dialog (like you do now

2) at the end of that function, register a idle callback with
g_idle_add_full() with a low priority

3) in the callback, send the email, and show the second dialog, return
FALSE (otherwise glib will keep calling the idle function

this is how you work with an event loop. you basically you ask glib:
once you are ready with everything that is slightly higher priority
(like drawing the dialog), run my function.

Olivier