Re: Keybindings

On 17 October 2011 15:54, Dong Luo <us917 yahoo com> wrote:

Hi,

I did not use gtk recently. But I figure you can just let the toplevel
widget response to the signal of key-press-event and do what ever
Keybindings you want there.

Dong

Could you show me an example as I have figured out the key-press-event is
the key here, but I can't seem to figure it out yet. Do I set up a
signal_connect from the window or something?

------------------------------
*From:* Neil Munro <neilmunro gmail com>
*To:* gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
*Sent:* Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:55 AM
*Subject:* Keybindings

Hi all
      I want to simply press a keybinding and run a function that shows
hidden widgets is this possible and if so, how? It strikes me as something
not too difficult, but I am a self taught C programmer so I may simply not
know what such a thing would be called. I have already used an accelerator
group to work with widgets on screen, but what I want to do here has no
widget to click or whatever to show these.

Thanks,
Neil Munro