gtkLabel resize itself and resize the whole window

Hello

I have a Window containing
(gtk_container_add(window, box);) a GtkBox (which is a GtkVBox in
reality) ; this GtkBox containing a GtkHBox which contain a GtkLabel.

With Gtk2 : "the text get cut off by the edge of the widget if it
exceeds the widget size."

But with Gtk3 the window extend itself when the text is too long.

How can I avoid this behaviour ?

I tried the set the window, the VBox and the HBox hexpand-set and
vexpand-set properties to FALSE.
But it doesn't change anything.

I tried to set the Label gtk_label_set_max_width_chars  but it increase
the heigh of the Label ...

I am not used at Gtk+ programming so I search in the doc ... but until
now I didn't found anything useful.

Could you help me please.

Thanks in advance.