Issue with g_list_free on Mac OSX

Hello everyone,

I am converting a working C project from Windows/Linux to Mac using GTK. I
have successfully compiled and can run the project but get runtime errors
whenever I call the g_list_free method - the debugger gives the following
error

malloc: *** error for object 0x1140e1180: pointer being freed was not
allocated *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Program received signal:  “SIGABRT”

I am unsure what is causing this error. It occurs specifically in the
following code code (note that testInt is 1735 at failure if that is of
relevance). It jumps straight from the g_list_free call to the malloc
errors.

int testInt = g_list_length(head);
g_list_free(head);

I am using Xcode Version 3.2.5 on OS:X 10.6.7

Many thanks in advance,

--
Alden Peterson