From: Ferdinand Ramirez <ramirez ferdinand yahoo com>
Subject: Questions on creation of glyphs
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 6:33 PM
I want to create a small set (say
5-10 symbols) of custom glyphs and want these symbols to be
part of the alphabet of a fictional language. I also want to
assign unused unicode values to these symbols and want these
symbols to appear on my application as well as the terminal
when I press specific keys.

I want it to appear on my terminal screen because that is
the easiest way for me to test my compilation. (I know I
have to recompile gnome terminal for this but I am fine with
that.)

So here are my questions.

(1) How do I create new glyph files?
(2) Where in the source code are the unicode values mapped
to the glyphs and which files will I need to modify to map
some unused unicode values to the newly created glyphs?
(3) Where in the source code are keycodes mapped to the
unicode values and which files will I need to modify this
map?

I want to understand the flow through the source code and
will appreciate anyone who can give me this information.

Thanks,
-Ferdinand