Re: motion_notify_event

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 04:48:34PM -0500, craigbakalian wrote:
Thanks for the information.  I just don't get gtk sometimes.  It is a
great tool kit, but, the documentation shows that the GtkImage inherits
from GtkWidget, yet it can't receive events.

All widgets are derived from GtkWidget.  Some have their own windows,
some don't.  Generally, only widgets receiving input have â GtkImage
does not normally receive input.  The concept is quite clearly (IMO)
described in the introduction

    http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/chap-drawing-model.html#window-no-window-widgets

 I finally get what
GInitiallyUnowned means, I think - smack in between GObject and
GtkObject ??

GtkObject is a historical relict and it is gone in GTK+ 3.0.  It existed
for convenient construction of objects (widgets) with floating references
and other stuff that all have been integrated into GObject since.

Regards,

Yeti