motion_notify_event

Hi,

Can a GtkImage call a motion_notify_event.  Or, better stated, can I do
this->
GtkImage *image;
gtk_widget_add_events(image, GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK);

g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(image), "motion_notify_event",
G_CALLBACK(motion_notify), NULL);

I am asking this because it isn't firing my callback when I move pointer
mask on it.  GtkTextView, GtkWindow, GtkDrawingArea all fire the
callback.  The bigger question is what can I add pdf  data to that will
fire the motion_notify_event

here is the buffer I want to display and move my mouse pointer on.  God,
that kinda sounds sexual at this time in the morning : > )).

poppler_page_get_size(page, &width, &height);
pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new(GDK_COLORSPACE_RGB, FALSE, 8, width, height);
poppler_page_render_to_pixbuf(page, 0, 0, width, height, 1, 0, pixbuf);
image = gtk_image_new_from_pixbuf(pixbuf);

Craig Bakalian