Re: interested in gtk+ project development

If you are currently learning C, please, learn the difference between size_t, int and long - some of glib/GTK devs didn't and because of that they use int in places where size_t is more appropriate. For example g_application_open() - quite new API and they had to mess it up by using (g)int instead of size_t. Or they can do magic and even on system with sizeof(size_t) < sizeof(int) they actually can manipulate with objects impossible to allocate (although I don't know of such system, but C standard doesn't forbid it). On the other hand, on systems with sizeof(size_t) > sizeof(int), they limit you. Moreover, they force you to do ugly things, such as having to typecast result of sizeof operator to int and check boundaries to make sure you got it right and it didn't overflow 20 times.

(Sorry, I just had to, it's really annoying when such API appears and cannot be fixed because of ABI incompatible change).