Re: g_spawn_async_with_pipes

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 22:04 +0100, Tadej BorovÅak wrote:
Hi.

Well yes, it is simpler.  And, you are correct, it is awkward.  I just
had this vision of two g_spawn_async_with_pipes() hooked together.
Running echo output &echo_out directly into lilypond's input &echo_out
as if they "may" share &echo_out.  I will need to test/hack this.  I
hate hacking.  I wish we had more examples here in linux land!

I just thought it would be more efficient and quicker to send data
directly to lilypond instead of a file location.

Since you're already using g_spawn_async_with_pipes(), why don't you
simply execute "/usr/bin/lilypond --output=scale.png -" and then feed
the lilyponds stdin through obtained file descriptor that g_spawn...()
gives you?

Cheers,
Tadej

Hi Tadej,

Lilypond was very fussy with the stdin of g_spawn_async_with_pipes().
It didn't like it.

In the end I just did the temp.ly file.  It works well.  It would be an
interesting exercise if one of us on this list actually figured out how
to pipe the output of one application to the stdin of another
application using g_spawn_async_with_pipes().  Lilypond was very fussy
with this.  I would have to write some Scheme program to do this.  I am
50 years old.  I don't want to learn another syntax!

Thanks for coaching me through the pipes!

Craig Bakalian