g_spawn_async_with_pipes

Hi,

If I am going to run the following command line prompt from my
application run-time ->

echo '\version "2.12" \relative {\clef "alto" c4 d e f g a b c}'
| /usr/bin/lilypond --output=myscale.png -

using g_spawn_async_with_pipes() how on earth do I set the input of
lilypond to suck up the output of echo (notice the pipe)?  Am I thinking
incorrectly here?  The issue is, I must have a  g_timeout_add() to
indicate when the processing is over so the myscale.png can be opened by
a GtkImage.

Thanks in advanced!

Craig Bakalian