Some questions about GtkTreeView

Hi, all!

I trying to make small gtk-application with gtk2-perl(
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~oivanenko/photostock-helper/db-gladeless/files)
and now I have some questions about GtkTreeView behavior:

1. How I can select range of arbitrary cells, but not rows in TreeView? Can
I even do this? What methods I should use for this?
2. How I can prevent changing TreeView cursor under some circumstances? I
know about 'cursor-changed' signal but it fires when cursor already
changed. I want make some things before.

Can somebody help me, please?

--
Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko
[if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny]