Re: Hardware accelerated 2D graphics (with gtk-osx)

On Aug 9, 2010, at 1:39 PM, John Emmas wrote:
I'm using a Mac Mini with OS-X 10.6.3.  Graphics are provided by the onboard NVidia chip which is a GeForce
9400.

That's certainly pretty recent.

This particular app is the only GTK application that I've ever run on my Mac.  It's an application called
Mixbus which is derived from Ardour, the popular open-source DAW for linux.  Mixbus is developed by an
American company called Harrison Inc.  I do know that they use a variety of different Macs for testing but
they're all displaying the same problem.

Having said that, I might ask if they can test it on the PPC platform to see if that makes a difference.
Just out ot interest, Kristian - is your Mac laptop a MacBook or a PowerBook? And what graphics chipset is
it using?

I have a MacBook Pro here and I use the GeForce 9400M (it also has a 9600M GT which I don't use).  That's
pretty much the same as yours, so you would say the hardware/driver cannot be the issue.  I also occasionally
test stuff on an older MacBook with Intel graphics running Tiger, with good performance.

It would be interesting to know whether I can reproduce the problem on my machine here.  If so, then I can
also look into debugging it.  Is the application available somewhere?  Or is there a stand-alone test case
that shows the same behavior (that would be even better)?

regards,

-kris.