Re: Notebooks and page numbers

Le 02/08/2010 14:50, Jeff Clough a écrit :
On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 20:22 +0800, Gregory Hosler wrote:

a pages page number can and will change whenever it's position in the number
sequence 0 to N-1 changes.

Are there situations where something internal to GTK will change this?
To be more specific, if I'm interested in page 2 (and have that page
number in a variable somewhere) and *I* don't make any changes to the
page order, delete or add any pages, is it safe to assume it will
*always* be page 2?
This never changes unless:
a) you let your users reorder the pages (e.g. by setting the reorderable
child property on a page);
or b) you insert a new page before the one you care about.

You can simply see the index as the tab's position as visible by the
user. The tab at the very left (in LTR layouts) has always index 0, the
next one 1, and so on until the tab at the very right that has index N-1.

Does GTK perhaps have another way to represent what most people call
"tabs" in an application?
No (AFAIK), notebook IS the tabbed UI widget.

Regards,
Colomban