Re: GIO input/output streams for stdout, stderr and stdin

Tor Lillqvist a Ãcrit :
Then, how portable applications are supposed to read
and write to standard input and output through GIO streams?

Just use the C library instead?

--tml

Well, no, i can't do that: I need that GMemory{In,Out}putStream GIO
feature in order to treat data that isn't attached to any file.
Before I used a custom IO layer that works only into memory, but when I
found that GIO have memory streams I switched to in order not to need to
load the whole file into memory when working on actual files. Moreover,
it brought remote streaming as well, very cool.

Of course I could use a GMemoryOutputStream to cache the data and then
dump it to stdout with C library's functions, but if I could do so
without caching the whole data into memory before, I would be really
better (i.e. in term of memory usage).

Regards,
Colomban