Re: Bug in GtkTreeView or programming bug?

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Daniel Leidert
<daniel leidert spam gmx net> wrote:
Thanks for your hints. Yes, the code was incomplete. But I think the
attached code should work. It still returns:

(<unknown>:20960): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_path_to_string: assertion
`path != NULL' failed
path=(null)

Am I still doing something wrong?

Setting the cursor still fails because path "1:0" is not visible in
the tree view (although the path does exist in the model).  It is not
visible in the tree view because node "1" is collapsed.  If you expand
node "1" first, then the call to gtk_tree_view_set_cursor() will
succeed as well as the call to gtk_tree_view_get_cursor().

The problem I'm trying to reproduce is the testcase from
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/perl-Gtk2/tree/t/GtkTreeView.t. This one fails
in line 233 (->to_string()) on recent Debian system, because it seems
the path returned is NULL. So I'm trying to program this in C to check,
if the result is the same. And it seems to be the case.

The reason why this is failing now is probably because there have been
some changes in this area in trunk recently, making the behavior more
strict.

regards,

-kris.