Bug in GtkTreeView or programming bug?

Hi,

In Debian the test suite of perl-gtk2 failed [1]. Examining the
situation a bit further it seems, that even after setting a cursor, the
reurned path from gtk_tree_view_get_cursor() is NULL. I tried to write s
short program to reproduce this in C (attached). When I run it get:

(<unknown>:11188): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_set_cursor_on_cell:
assertion `tree_view->priv->tree != NULL' failed

(<unknown>:11188): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_path_to_string: assertion
`path != NULL' failed

path=(null)

The latter points out, that the resulting path returned is NULL although
the cursor has been set earlier. I wonder if there is something wrong
with my test program (and the test in perl-gtk2) or if this points to a
bug in Gtk.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/545616

TIA and regards, Daniel