Current GtkProgressBar usage

Hi list,

I have used GtkProgressBar's for a while, and back when I started some years ago, it was necessary to call something like:

       while(g_main_context_iteration(0, FALSE));

to have the UI updated. These days it seems like this is no longer necessary - is that correct? I'm doing it from a thread other than the "gtk_main"-thread - I'm aware of and handling the usual locking details of gtk.

On a related note, it seems impossible to do the aforementioned iteration line from "other" threads even when handling locking - is that correct? I've tried both holding the lock meanwhile and releasing it for this single line. Perhaps it's messing up the initial MainLoop I don't know.

   Best regards - Nikolaj