Re: [GtkGLExt] OS X Quartz developers Call to Arms

On Nov 21, 2009, at 6:30 AM, Braden McDaniel wrote:

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 02:33 +0100, Jack Skellington wrote:
Hi all!

I'm currently working on porting a commercial Gtk+ OpenGL App to Snow
Leopard using the actively developed and maintained Gtk+ OS X Quartz
backend. My last problem now is that GtkGlExt only works with X11. I'm
not familiar with the Low Level OS X API's, so I'd properly wouldn't
be able to write the backend myself but I think it would be awesome if
someone here could help with the native OS X backend, getting closer
to a fully supported native Gtk+ :)

This patch is probably a good starting point:

       https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2750584&group_id=54333&atid=473436

I'll try to get back to reviewing this soon; though it might have to
wait until I get my KVM back from RMA.

Do let me know how it goes for you.

I managed to apply the patch and compile both GtkGLExt and my app, but when I start my app
the main windows is complete empty of any gtk widgets (white background everywhere), the only thing thats
visible is the borders I draw in the opengl area, but
when I move the mouse up the the invisible file menu I'm able to open other (non opengl) windows which works
as expected??

Regards
Jacob Kolding
dacobi juvul com