Capture console app output into texview?

Hi,

i am trying to run a text mode application in the background of my gtk one and display its output in a
textview. I know this is supposed to be done using g_spawn_async_with_pipes and then link to the output via
g_io_add_watch. I even got something that sort of works, but the output is very much delayed and comes in
chunks and worse, the CPU load is at max while and after i run my code.

Are there any examples for doing this? There must be many programs doing something similar to run e.g. some
little helper program or similar.

Regards,
  Till