Tweaking a GTK plugin

I use a plugin for gmpc (an mpd client) called fullscreeninfo.  I'd
like to make a couple changes, and I'm wondering if they might be
simple.

Would it be easy to have the mouse cursor disappear after a few
seconds of inactivity?

It seems like the display area for the cover art is a square box in
the center of the screen, so if the art is wider than it is high,
there is a gap above and below it.  Could that be easy to fix?

I'd appreciate any pointers on this.  Thank you.

http://repo.or.cz/w/gmpc-fullscreeninfo.git/blob/86ccd131dc3fec7b9ac594118a8ece2f0896121c:/src/plugin.c

- Grant