Using GTK+ in windows DLL

My question concerns using GTK+ in a windows DLL. This DLL is actually a VST plugin where GTK+ is used for
the GUI. I only need to create a main window with some buttons and other controls.
Assuming this is possible I wonder how to do the following:

- Initialize GTK+: what should I use for the arguments of the gtk_init_check; I do not have a main in the DLL
- Cleanup GTK+: how to free resources; I cannot exit the application

Note that the same issue is more or less covered in "Mixing Windows API and GTK+" of the gtk-list gnome org
mailing list (06-Jul-2005).