Re: Problems with 64bit build for Windows

Does anyone use a 64bit Windows build available from gtk.org ?

Well, I don't "use" them on a day-to-day basis (my development
environment is still a 32-bit XP, and I even cross-compile those
64-bit binaries from that). But I do run a 64-bit gtk-demo each time I
have built new 64-bit binaries, so they aren't entirely untested.

But I use the mingw (gcc and GNU binutils etc) toolchain, while you
seem to use MSVC. There might indeed be problems with using the MSVC
format import libraries. Using the 64-bit developer packages with MSVC
 hadn't been tested (before you now did it) at all...

The mingw-w64 compiler is in a beta stage. mangles C global
identifiers by prefixing an underscore, as is the convention on
32-bit. That is incorrect, such a convention is not used by the 64-bit
MSVC, and this will be or has already been fixed in later releases of
the mingw-w64. So, if you use MSVC, unfortunately you will have to
wait until a 64-bit build that would have been built with a newer
version of mingw-w64 is available.

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol libintl_fprintf referenced in
function

To be precise, the problem here is that the symbol exported is
actually _libintl_fprintf. (And the same pattern holds for all other
symbols, too, this is not restricted to just libintl.)

Note also that the link to the 64bit proxy-libintl is not correct, so I had
to find it manually by going into the parent directory of the URL.

Ah, thanks, will have to fix this.

--tml