Re: Makeing librsvg work (bizp2.dll missing)

Tor Lillqvist schrieb:

There is also a libbzip2 package on ftp.gnome.org:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/dependencies/libbzip2-1.0.2.zip

Thanks for this pointer! I did not recognise the 'dependencies'
directory. It would have made my life much, much easier :-)

Because ftp.gnome.org does not provide an installer (which sets the
path, etc.)

Well, setting the PATH system-wide to include where one GTK+ runtime
is installed is really not appropriate because the idea is that each
application bundles an own copy of the GTK+ stack. And what does the

On Linux, the PATH is system-wide to include one GTK+ runtime. This is
common practice. Why should there be any need to handle this different
on Windows? (I'm not a windows user, so maybe there is a need. I don't
know).

If every application bundles its own copy of the GTK+ stack, the user
will experience problems (beside of the waste of space): themes have to
be configures for each GTK+ applications separately -- if they delivery
themes at all.

"etc" stand for? The GTK+ stack doesn't require any Registry settings
or whatever.

This includes at least the uninstataller information. This is common
usage on Windows and AFAIK required by the Winodws Programming Guidlines.

$ grep -r bzip2 .
Übereinstimmungen in Binärdatei ./bin/libgsf-1-114.dll.

It happened to work this time, but there are more appropriate tools
than grep to use to check for dependencies. objdump -p for instance.

Thanks for this tip. I'm just nor used to tools like objdump.

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Monatliche Kolumne:
<http://www.all-about-security.de/kolumnen/cissp-gefluester/>

Goebel Consult mit Mitglied bei <http://www.7-it.de>