Re: g_spawn_async_with_pipes() & ssh based IPC

Michael Cronenworth wrote:

You could have a TLS session without x509 auth and just use PAM or LDAP
for user auth. Something like that is not provided by a single function
call though.

In a perfect world a password, another private key, or what ever wouldn't ever enter the picture. ssh-agent / pageant.exe work so darn well once you get up and running. It's already sad enough that there is no way to merge this world with https client authentication, somehow. SVN is one example of something that let's you keep things simple administratively by optionally using the ssh security model. I hate to say it, but the windows named pipes over SMB is another good model (the implementation however...).

Passwords all over the place = evil. Each application asking you to decrypt a private key / cert on its own = annoying. Again gnome-keyring-daemon is on the right track, but I need something for the windows side.

It sounds like you just want to be extremely lazy.

That's the kind of support I need on a 24 hour a day basis.

Suck it up and write your own
implementation using the standard library tools available. It will be
portable -- my GnuTLS apps run on Linux and Windows.

This is with a glib event loop right?

--
www.thomasstover.com