Re: GTK+ 2.16.4 released

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Thomas Stover <thomas wsinnovations com>wrote:

There is some official (like Tor Win32 bundles) or unofficial OSX framework
released or we have to build from sources?

Building an OSX universal binary framework compatible with 10.4+ is not
exactly easy like configure/make :)

I have some notes from August '08 when I built gtk for osx with the x11
back end. Let me know if you are interested. Most of the steps should be
about the same. It was sort of funny in the sense that I have still never
even used osx in gui mode. A friend set me up a shell account on his osx box
on our lan, and from there via ssh and no root access, I made it all the way
to screen shots for a presentation. I was very

Compile an X11 version or also a "quartz" version in the standard way it's
quite easy, the problem is that u get a ton of libraries for only one
architecture and it's really tough to fit them inside your application
bundle.

What I need are updated frameworks built like the one on www.gtk-osx.org,
that are really outdated (2.14.3).

Yesterday I've lost half of my afternoon trying to make the jhbuild scripts
used to build universal frameworks to work without luck...

The info on http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/OSX are not enough, neither are
some other I found googling around...

Maybe most of the problems I have are related to the fact I'm trying to
compile on 10.4.

--
Bye,
 Gabry