Re: GTK+ 2.16.4 released

From: Gabriele Greco <gabriele greco darts it>
Subject: Re: GTK+ 2.16.4 released
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> wrote:

GTK+ 2.16.4 is now available for download at:

About 2.16 releases:

There is some official (like Tor Win32 bundles) or unofficial OSX framework
released or we have to build from sources?

Building an OSX universal binary framework compatible with 10.4+ is not
exactly easy like configure/make :)

I have some notes from August '08 when I built gtk for osx with the x11 back end. Let me know if you are interested. Most of the steps should be about the same. It was sort of funny in the sense that I have still never even used osx in gui mode. A friend set me up a shell account on his osx box on our lan, and from there via ssh and no root access, I made it all the way to screen shots for a presentation. I was very impressed that developers had taken the time to make all those pieces even work. My *nix experience comes from the gnu/linux world, and so for me at least, osx was a very strange animal. It would likely be easier to build for native osx gui (carbon?) than x11, since there was all sorts of --please-dont-do=that type switches I had to use.

--
www.thomasstover.com