GtkBuilder and GtkHScale

hi all,
i'm trying to develope a small application with the help of glade. Is it a
normal behaviour that when i set the upper limit of a GtkHscale, i need tu use
a value bigger than the needed one by 10 units? (if i need the upper bound to
be 10, i need to set it to 20). I tought about a problem of glade, but the
generated glade file contains the value used in the gui. I imagine it should be
a problem of gtkbuilder. What do you think about this?
Thanks in advance

--
M@