Re: An 'oldie' question... GtkCList anyone?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:02:32 +0100
Nicola Fontana <ntd entidi it> wrote:

first of all I warmly suggest you to update your code to
GtkTreeView. GtkCList is not maintained since ages: you'll
surely meet bigger problem than this and you'll be alone.

Yes - I'm planning on doing that. But the application has _lots_ of
CLists. In fact, I've been think about emulating CLists with GtkTreeView
so I can get on without changing the program. Has anyone done that - at
least a subset of the CList functions?

Anyway, apart from the typo, I suspect the str array should be
NULL terminated because there's no other way gtk_clist_append()
can know how many line to append.

gtk_clist_append appends only 1 row, so that shouldn't be the problem. The
elements in the str[] array correspond to cells, the number is defined in
the CList, at creation time (gtk_clist_new takes nr of columns as
parameter). Number of columns in a CList cannot be changed dynamically.

John