Re: Full Screen mode behaves differently on two "identical" systems

I have found myself some weird behaviour with fullscreen mode and modal windows in Gnome. I would suggest:

1) try a decent window manager, such as Enlightenment. This solved my issues. Of course this is not a good solution, but at least tells you where the problem is. 2) I guess you are using Gtk dialog widgets for your child dialogs. Try replacing one by a Gtk window widget, just to see if you get the same behavior. Using window widgets gives you 5 min more of work but in compensation you get a lot more control over your dialog.

Cheers,
Carlos