Re: Full Screen mode behaves differently on two "identical" systems

I have 2 computers, both running Ubuntu 8.10 (kernel2.6.27-9-generic). When my gtkmm application goes to full screen mode, and the user brings up any modal dialog (which is a child of the application main window), on one system everything looks fine. On the other, I get the System menu (Applications Places System) appearing instead of the application menu. When the dialog closes, the Application menu comes back. This is somewhat disconcerting to my users *grin*.

Clearly, the systems are different somehow, but I'm at a loss as to exactly where and why it would make a difference. I have multiple examples of each behavior. So far, it seems that older PCs and newer netbooks have the bad behavior, while my development laptops and some newer desktop PCs work flawlessly.

The same bad/good behavior happened when all my machines were running Ubuntu 8.04 with multiple kernels.

Any ideas?

Are you moving executables or recompiling from machine to machine? Are the compiler versions the same across the machines?

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake mlake net -- http://mlake.net