Model-View-Control in GTK+

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask about implementing the MVC (especially M-VC) with GTK
tools. I have an object, where I store internal data. It represents an array
with rows and cols (board game with different colored coins). And I have a
widget (DrawingArea), wich displays the data.

Well, I want to make the followed: I want associate the data and the widget.
If I change the data state with function similar to
obj_change(MyObject* obj, int row, int col, State state);
I want the widget being redrawed. And vice-versa, if I click on it, I want
the data being changed.

I think, I have to use signals, but I'm not sure how. Once (from my data to
the widget) or Twice (data-widget, widget-data)?

Thank you in advance,
Vlad