Gdk-CRITICAL warnings with Gtk 2.14 when dragging GtkNotebook tabs

Hello all,

I have a program that utilizes GtkNotebook's Drag and Drop support to allow tabs to be dropped on the desktop
and between notebooks in my application. This runs well on Gtk 2.12 but shows issues with Gtk 2.14. On
detaching a tab, the following warnings are thrown on the console :

Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_get_parent: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

The problem happens because I have a GtkEventBox (containing a GtkLabel) as the label widget of my notebook's
page:

GtkEventBox *eventbox = gtk_event_box_new();

gtk_event_box_set_visible_window (eventbox, FALSE);

GtkLabel *label = gtk_label_new ("some text");

gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(eventbox), label);

gtk_notebook_append_page (notebook, page, eventbox);

I don't get any warnings if my notebook's page simply has the GtkLabel. I need to hook on to keyboard and
pointer events on my tab's label and therefore need the GtkEventBox around my tab's label widget.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.