Re: Status Indication GUI development using GTK++

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 02:41 -0800, Adeel Malik wrote:

As I would be starting the GTK+ development on Fedora Core 6 Linux
machine

Since no one else said it, I'll note that FC6 is kinda getting a bit
long in the tooth. If at all possible, you really want to be using the
latest release of your Linux distro if doing development because that's
where all the bug fixes will be.

Meanwhile,

2. In the tutorial I couldn't find the reference code to load images
as gdkimages and then using gtk_image_set_image.

Look up GdkPixbuf [instead]. What you probably want is
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file().

You can then feed that to a GtkImage constructor or setter.

AfC
Sydney