Re: font problems

Dan McMahill wrote:

The unicode character there is a lower case greek epsilon.  When I print
to PDF, that character is clearly bitmapped and looks ugly compared to
the rest of the text.  When I send to my postscript printer, it (the
epsilon) doesn't even come out.

When I do the same from a win32 build, the printed character looks
pretty good as do upper and lower case delta and rho.

Is there a better way to use greek letters for variables or mathematical
symbols?   Is there a more standard (portable across all expected
platforms) way I should get a font?

Hi Dan,

What you do is correct.  It's just that your Linux system doesn't seem to have
good fonts covering the Greek letters.  If the bitmap doesn't come out, well,
that's a bug.

Anyway, try installing the DejaVu fonts.

Cheers,
behdad

Thanks
-Dan