Re: g_type_query in gtk-win32

When I try to run that same program, Windows tells me
that it cannot proceed because "intl.dll" isn't installed (note:
"intl.dll" - not "libintl.dll").

intl.dll is in the gettext package on the download page.

Is it expecting libintl,

The intl.dll is what would otherwise have been called libintl-8.dll
when built by libtool, but I build it as intl.dll to keep backward
compatibility with older versions of gettext where the official way to
build for Windows was with MSVC, and that process produced a DLL
called intl.dll.

or maybe proxy-libintl

proxy-libintl doesn't have any DLL at all, just a static library.
(Stuff that is linked with that static library don't depend on
intl.dll, they just check if it is available at run-time, but if it
isn't they fail gracefully back to no localisations.)

or is it expecting intltool

intltool is something completely different. It is used only when
building some software packages.

--tml