Re: g_type_query in gtk-win32

Oops, sorry Tor - I guess I should have copied and pasted instead of typing
this out manually.  In fact I had carried out the initialisation but
slightly differently.  This is how the real code looked (copied and pasted,
this time)

#include <libgnomecanvas/gnome-canvas.h>
int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
   gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

   GTypeQuery base_query = { 0, 0, 0, 0, };
   g_type_query(gnome_canvas_get_type(), &base_query);

return(0);
}

Note that I carried out my initialisation slightly differently.  I just
added  'g_type_init();' immediately after gtk_init() but it didn't make any
difference (presumably, gtk_init() was already doing this).

Having said all that, I still can't get the code to work, even with the
extra initialisation.  Just out of interest Tor, are you using the compiler
option -mms-bitfields?  I am, because I get a runtime error if I don;t use
that flag - even though I'm not linking to any Microsoft libraries.  Is that
normal?

John